What is Polished Concrete
Polished Concrete is the combination of three different technologies applied to a concrete surface. By combining advancements in floor grinding machines, chemicals and the latest resin diamond technologies, we are now able to produce spectacular high grade surface finishes with wearing properties unlike any other.
CGP Polished Concrete Process
Once your concrete slab has been laid allow 7-28 days to cure. In regards to a new Development we prefer to Grind the slab before any construction starts therefore we can grind the slab as flat and even throughout. At this stage we require customer to be on site to approve the amount of exposure they request. If construction has started or it’s an existing house, we would prefer to leave off skirting boards, Joinery off and final coats of Painting are preferred to be done after we are finished, unless painting is already completed.
- Grind with Coarse 30 Grit to expose amount of Aggregate and Flatness of slab making sure the whole floor is Ground Even and customer is satisfied with amount of exposure.
- Grind with Medium 60 Grit to remove 30 grit scratches.
- Grind with Fine 120 Grit also Grouting the floor using Dust from the concrete and a Grout agent which fills in any imperfections throughout the concrete. Eg Cracks, Holes.
- Applying State of the art Densifier/ Hardener which reacts with the concrete to create an extremely hard surface.
- The next Day we then apply another lick coat of Hardener to react with the previous coats and remove this using 50 Grit Resin Pads.
- We then apply another lick coat of hardener allowing to dry
- We then remove the Hardener with 100 Grit Resin Pads.
- We then apply another lick coat of hardener.
- We then Remove this again with 200 Grit Resin Pads
- Polish with 400 Grit Resin Pads MATT FINISH
- Polish with 800 Grit Resin Pads. SATIN FINISH
- Polish with 1500 Grit Resin Pads.
- Polish with 3000 Grit Resin Pads. FULL GLOSS
- We then apply state of the art impregnating Sealer/ Enhancer that is specifically designed to prevent concrete surfaces from stains, Fats and Oils, whilst enhancing the natural colour of your Concrete.
- We then Buff of excess Enhancer.
After this Stage your floor is ready to use. At CGP we use the best Machinery, Diamond tooling, Polishing pads there is on the market as you pay for what you get.
- Concrete to be Ground, Honed, Treaded and Polished by via the system outlined below.
- Quality machinery, tools and treatment products utilized.
- Concrete Polished by Husqvarna Polished Concrete Certified Applicator.
- All work is fully insured under a $1 million indemnity and $20 million public liability policy.
Benefits of Polished Concrete
When installed, treated and maintained correctly, Polished Concrete produces an allege free floor that improves natural light and is resistant to:
- Tyre marking
- Water, Industrial Chemicals, Oils, Food stains, Greases, Hydraulic fluids, Fuels, Fatty materials
- Abrasion & Heat
- Low maintenance surface without surface coating
- Improve natural lighting
- Allege free
- The process in which the concrete is ground and honed using specialized diamond bonds and chemical treatments (Densifier and Hardener) provides the durability and strength of up to 10 times that of a standard polished concrete surface.
- With Polished Concrete or mechanically polished concrete, we are taking one of the hardest materials known to man (concrete) and making this the wearing surface instead of film coating/sealer.
- Polished Concrete can be used in new or old construction for manufacturing, warehouses, automotive factories and showrooms, retail, commercial and domestic environments.
- Polished Concrete can be installed without costly down time normally associated with epoxy and urethane coatings.
- Polished Concrete brings out the beauty of concrete and combines it with the unparalleled advantages of an easy maintenance. It eliminates the need for epoxy or thin film coatings will improve over age guaranteeing a surface that can withstand even the toughest traffic and add years to the expected life of the floor.
- Additional benefits of the Polished Concrete system include its odorless application and environmentally friendly properties (VOC free) promoting a healthier working environment with no immediate or continual toxic emissions.
- Always keep floor vacuumed and dirt free.
- Spills should be cleaned from polish concrete surface immediately.
- Do not use bleach or citrus based cleaners on the floor.
- Furniture should have protective pads placed under them.
- Micro fibre mop is best used to keep floor clean and streak free.
- Areas where heavy soiling exists will require localised cleaning prior to cleaning entire Polished Concrete area.
- In high traffic areas; burnish daily with a high speed burnisher using red nylon pads.
- Where cleaning of the floor with detergent is required:
- Use and PH Neutral Floor care cleaning Solution.
- Either apply the Floor Care solution via use of Auto Scrubber or:
- Apply the Floor Care solution via mop with clean water.
- In either situation, always rinse floor with clean water after use.