Polished Concrete is a remarkable flooring solution that combines cutting-edge technologies to enhance the appearance and durability of concrete surfaces. Through advancements in floor grinding machines, chemical treatments, and resin diamond technologies, we can now achieve stunning high-grade finishes with exceptional wear resistance.
What is Polished Concrete
Polished Concrete is the combination of three different technologies applied to a concrete surface. By combining advancements in floor grinding machines, chemicals and the latest resin diamond technologies, we are now able to produce spectacular high grade surface finishes with wearing properties unlike any other.
The CGP Polished Concrete Process
To begin the CGP Polished Concrete process, it is essential to allow the newly laid concrete slab to cure for a period of 7-28 days. For new developments, we recommend grinding the slab before any construction commences. This approach ensures a uniformly flat surface throughout. During this stage, customer presence is required to approve the desired level of aggregate exposure. If construction has already begun or it is an existing house, we prefer to complete skirting board installation, joinery work, and final coats of painting after we finish our process, unless the painting is already completed.
1. Coarse Grinding (30 Grit): This stage exposes the desired amount of aggregate and ensures overall flatness, satisfying the customer's expectations.
2. Medium Grinding (60 Grit): The use of this grit removes any scratches left behind by the 30 grit process.
3. Fine Grinding (120 Grit) and Grouting: In this stage, we utilize dust from the concrete along with a grout agent to fill in imperfections like cracks and holes throughout the floor.
4. Application of Densifier/Hardener: A state-of-the-art densifier/hardener is applied, reacting with the concrete to create an incredibly hard surface.
5. Secondary Application of Hardener and Removal: The next day, we apply another coat of hardener to further enhance the surface, and then remove it using 50 grit resin pads.
6. Additional Application of Hardener: Another coat of hardener is applied and allowed to dry.
7. Removal of Hardener: Using 100 grit resin pads, we remove the hardener from the surface.
8. Further Application of Hardener: A subsequent coat of hardener is applied.
9. Final Removal of Hardener: With the use of 200 grit resin pads, we remove the hardener completely.
10. Polishing with 400 Grit Resin Pads: This stage achieves a matte finish.
11. Polishing with 800 Grit Resin Pads: A satin finish is achieved.
12. Polishing with 1500 Grit Resin Pads.
13. Polishing with 3000 Grit Resin Pads: A full gloss finish is achieved.
14. Application of Impregnating Sealer/Enhancer: We apply a state-of-the-art sealer/enhancer designed to protect the concrete surface from stains, fats, oils, while enhancing its natural color.
15. Buffing off Excess Enhancer: The excess enhancer is carefully buffed off, leaving a beautifully finished floor.
Once this stage is completed, your floor is ready to use. At CGP, we use only the best machinery, diamond tooling, and polishing pads available on the market, ensuring the highest quality results.