What is Grind and Seal
Grind and Seal is where we Grind the Concrete to the desired amount and then apply a surface coating to the floor to protect the concrete. Grind and seal can be used in any application requiring a low maintenance, heavy duty, UV and stain resistant floor. Coatings that can be used are Polyurethane, Acrylic and Epoxy and also come in Matt, Satin, Semi- Gloss and Full Gloss.
CGP Grind and Seal Process
Once your concrete slab has been laid allow 7-28 days to cure. In regards to a new Development, we prefer to Grind the slab before any construction starts therefore we can grind the slab as flat and even throughout. At this stage, we require customer to be on site to approve the amount of exposure they request. If construction has started or it’s an existing house, we would prefer to leave off skirting boards, Joinery off and final coats of Painting are preferred to be done after we are finished, Unless Painting is already completed.
1. Grind with Coarse 30 Grit to expose amount of Aggregate and Flatness of slab making sure the whole floor is Ground Even and customer is satisfied with amount of exposure.
2. Grind with Medium 60 Grit to remove 30 grit scratches.
3. Grind with Fine 120 Grit.
4. At this stage we then vacuum floor and apply 2-3 Coats of clear Coating with sanding between coats. Coating comes in Full Gloss, Semi- Gloss, Satin, Matt.
- Also some concrete requires Grouting of the floor where it fills in Holes and Cracks but is upto customer discretion.
- In regards to recoating the floor this may be required every 6 – 7 Years depending on the traffic.
After this Stage your floor is ready to use. At CGP we use the best Machinery, Diamond tooling, Polishing pads there is on the market as you pay for what you get.
Introducing Grind and Seal Flooring Services in Melbourne
Grind and Seal flooring is a premium solution that involves grinding the concrete to the desired level and then applying a protective surface coating. Ideal for various
applications, this technique offers a low maintenance, heavy-duty, UV-resistant, and stain-resistant floor. You have the option to choose from coatings such as Polyurethane, Acrylic, and Epoxy, available in different finishes including Matt, Satin, Semi-Gloss, and Full Gloss.
At CGP, we follow a meticulous Grind and Seal process to ensure outstanding results:
1. Grinding Stages: We start by using a coarse 30 Grit to expose the desired amount of aggregate and achieve a flat and even floor. Customer satisfaction is crucial, so we involve you in approving the level of exposure. We then proceed with medium 60 Grit to remove any scratches from the previous stage, followed by fine 120 Grit for a smoother finish.
2. Coating Application: After vacuuming the floor, we apply 2-3 coats of clear coating, with sanding between each coat. You have the freedom to choose the finish that suits your preference—Full Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin, or Matt. In some cases, grouting may be necessary to fill in holes and cracks, based on your discretion. Recoating the floor may be required every 6-7 years, depending on the level of traffic.
Our Grind and Seal flooring services come with several benefits and quality assurances:
1. Quality Workmanship: We utilize top-of-the-line machinery, diamond tooling, and polishing pads available in the market, ensuring exceptional results that meet your expectations.
2. Certified Applicator: Our team consists of Husqvarna Certified Applicators who possess the expertise and knowledge to deliver superior concrete polishing.
3. Insurance Coverage: Your peace of mind is our priority. We are fully insured under a $1 million indemnity and $20 million public liability policy, guaranteeing the safety of your project.