Grind and Seal Procedure
Once your concrete slab has been laid allow 7-28 days to cure. In regards to a new Development, we prefer to Grind the slab before any construction starts therefore we can grind the slab as flat and even throughout. At this stage, we require customer to be on site to approve the amount of exposure they request. If construction has started or it’s an existing house, we would prefer to leave off skirting boards, Joinery off and final coats of Painting are preferred to be done after we are finished, Unless Painting is already completed.
- Grind with Coarse 30 Grit to expose amount of Aggregate and Flatness of slab making sure the whole floor is Ground Even and customer is satisfied with amount of exposure.
- Grind with Medium 60 Grit to remove 30 grit scratches.
- Grind with Fine 120 Grit.
- At this stage we then vacuum floor and apply 2-3 Coats of clear Coating with sanding between coats. Coating comes in Full Gloss, Semi- Gloss, Satin, Matt.
- Also some concrete requires Grouting of the floor where it fills in Holes and Cracks but is upto customer discretion.
- In regards to recoating the floor this may be required every 6 – 7 Years depending on the traffic.
After this Stage your floor is ready to use. At CGP we use the best Machinery, Diamond tooling, Polishing pads there is on the market as you pay for what you get.