CGP Polishing Procedure
Once your concrete slab has been laid allow 7-28 days to cure. In regards to a new Development we prefer to Grind the slab before any construction starts therefore we can grind the slab as flat and even throughout. At this stage we require customer to be on site to approve the amount of exposure they request. If construction has started or it’s an existing house, we would prefer to leave off skirting boards, Joinery off and final coats of Painting are preferred to be done after we are finished, unless painting is already completed.
- Grind with Coarse 30 Grit to expose amount of Aggregate and Flatness of slab making sure the whole floor is Ground Even and customer is satisfied with amount of exposure.
- Grind with Medium 60 Grit to remove 30 grit scratches.
- Grind with Fine 120 Grit also Grouting the floor using Dust from the concrete and a Grout agent which fills in any imperfections throughout the concrete. Eg Cracks, Holes.
- Applying State of the art Densifier/ Hardener which reacts with the concrete to create an extremely hard surface.
- The next Day we then apply another lick coat of Hardener to react with the previous coats and remove this using 50 Grit Resin Pads.
- We then apply another lick coat of hardener allowing to dry
- We then remove the Hardener with 100 Grit Resin Pads.
- We then apply another lick coat of hardener.
- We then Remove this again with 200 Grit Resin Pads
- Polish with 400 Grit Resin Pads MATT FINISH
- Polish with 800 Grit Resin Pads. SATIN FINISH
- Polish with 1500 Grit Resin Pads.
- Polish with 3000 Grit Resin Pads. FULL GLOSS
- We then apply state of the art impregnating Sealer/ Enhancer that is specifically designed to prevent concrete surfaces from stains, Fats and Oils, whilst enhancing the natural colour of your Concrete.
- We then Buff of excess Enhancer.
After this Stage your floor is ready to use. At CGP we use the best Machinery, Diamond tooling, Polishing pads there is on the market as you pay for what you get.